Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I ran across this interesting article

and thought I would share.  It makes me reflect on my own practice.  Especially in light of the fact that I'm teaching students how to do research and turn that into written reports.  I'm going to have to go back and look at what my real goal is for teaching research.  Is it just to cover the CCSS or is it to give the students a chance to learn for the future.  I originally started out wanting to cover the CCSS but is it an authentic learning experience.  What to think, what to think.

shttp://teachbytes.com/2013/03/17/whats-the-difference-between-doing-projects-and-project-based-learning/

What’s the Difference Between “Doing Projects” and “Project Based Learning”?

Thanks to Amy Mayer of FriEdTechnology for this fantastic comparison describing the key differences between “doing projects” and project-based learning! This, my friends, is exactly what I have been trying so ineptly to explain to educators at my own school. There’s a BIG difference, and one that completely changes how the classroom is run and what students take out of it.
Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment